Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Avoiding the Rut

The challenge I'm doing my best to face head-on is not allowing myself to get caught in a rut.

Today, I realized that it's very easy for me to get trapped in a loop of checking my email, Facebook, the Washington Post, and Huffington Post in a weird ad nauseam way.  Since I unsubscribed from a ton of retailer emails and deleted the bookmark links to them from my browser, I still have to get used to the absence of the crap from my life.  Weird.

My phone will notify me of anything important, whether emails or NPR news flashes.  Yet there I was, in some listless vicious cycle.

I went to the gym and grocery store this morning.  The gym was difficult due to a large Silver Sneakers contingent everywhere and stupid people blocking access to things.  The grocery store was mostly in case the weather goes to hell tomorrow.  I did job applications.  I had coffee.  I enjoyed a little bit of sunshine through the windows this afternoon.

But this day really felt like a loser in a lot of ways.

Oh well.  Only one thing to do and that's make tomorrow more fulfilling by hook or by crook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment