Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Thought For the Day

Why do we do the things we do?

Some are addicted.  Some are impoverished.  Some are proud.  Some are depressed.  Some because they can.

Some can't narrow it down to one reason.

I did what I did because I didn't consider the consequences.
I did what I did because it was there.
I did what I did because I lost sight of who I was and what I stood for.

But I'm lucky because I didn't lose my life or cause anyone to lose theirs.
I'm not sick, hospitalized, hurt, handicapped, scarred, or in any way physically injured.
I didn't lose my home or the man I love.

I didn't completely lose "me" to the greed.

It's going to take some time to figure out the way forward.
It's going to hurt.  It already hurts.

I'm ashamed and am most hurt by what I think others will think of what I did.  Someday I'll be able to admit it freely.

But I know I'm still in here somewhere.  I will pay the price.  And I'll live the rest of my life knowing what I did.

And that lesson will be enough to do better.  To do more.  To do for other people.  To negate and defy my own avarice.

I will do better and be better.  I will be the man I am expected to be by others.  I can and I will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment